Sunday, February 6, 2011

An Update

My mom recently asked me, "Why haven't you updated the blog lately?" The answer to that is because we haven't done anything too exciting lately. After Hong Kong, we stayed in Bangkok for the month of January and now we are getting ready for Greg's parents to come in about a week and a half.

We have recently made plans to go to Finland and Sweden in July/August. We will be meeting my sister and brother in law (Emily and David) there for a few days before all heading back to Bangkok. Other things before that will include our Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur/Singapore train trip in April and hopefully include a trip to Angkor Wat, Cambodia in May.

Of course we are both still working and things are busy! While Greg can't share many details about work he is planning on posting a blog soon to share what he can including some interesting photos!

I have been taking some photos though, and using those I can update you on our very exciting life here!

I don't cook much, but I recently made spicy potato,pork, and kale soup. I even picked up some bread bowls. Yum!

Out for food and drinks a few Fridays ago with people from work. Katie, Abby, Tara, Pu, Oi, and Aell

A new fruit, can't remember it's name right now. 

Part of a bouquet I bought on the street last weekend. I still have them too!

Happy Chinese New Year. Lanterns hanging up at Witches Tavern.

Greg and Erik at Witches. Friday night they have free pizza! Yum!

Katherine (friend from work) at Fat Gutz listening to a great blues band from Chicago.


Outside on of the malls. It's the year of the Rabbit, so the Rabbits they had up for Christmas and now ready for Chinese New Year!

Coffee shop sign I pass every day on the way to the train. Don't you want to stop and get a cup of coffee and a side of ants? 

Men doing work on the wires. Yes, that's a bamboo ladder  :-)

Graffiti on the wall outside our condo.

The wires I have to duck under everyday right outside our condo. 

1 comment: