Friday, May 23, 2014

The Junta

Have you ever wondered how being governed by a military junta would affect you life?

Bases my experience today in Thailand, there is little impact.  Here's how my day went:

  • Get up at 5:35 AM, get ready for work
  • Arrive at work, 7AM (10 minutes later than normal, traffic was bad)
  • Work, work, work
  • Leave work 4:40 PM
  • Arrive home 6:00 PM
  • Work more from home
  • Go out to supper with my lovely wife at 7:30 PM
  • Home at 9:00 PM
  • Play Nintendo Wii with Mary until she wants to go to sleep
Today was like any other day, except my "coupmute" to work took 10 minutes extra.  I assume this is due to pent up traffic from the overnight curfew that is in place (10PM - 5AM).

To be honest, if it wasn't for social media we might not even know anything had happened.

I know some family members are concerned after watching overly dramatic reports on TV in the US. We are taking extra precautions, but there is not much need to worry about us right now.  Protests have been disbursed, and we are probably safer right now than we have been in 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment